A Warm Welcome!
I’ve been championing the needs of the people of the Southern River electorate for 8 years – to get the road improvements, public transport and better schools we need. I have been advocating for our many small businesses and working for many hundreds of local people who have come to me for help on so many issues.
I’m proud that that work has paid off and the needs of our community have been recognised.
If I am re-elected in March, I will be able to carry on the work I have been doing.
In particular, I have secured the following projects, which are funded and planned for the area under a re-elected Liberal state government:
- Two new train stations in Canning Vale. The Thornlie rail line will be extended through Canning Vale to the Mandurah line, and the new stations will be built at Nicholson Road and at Ranford Road. The project is estimated to cost $520 million dollars, and should be completed by 2023.
- A new primary school in Southern River. $17.3 million has been allocated for construction of the new school, to be built in Marnbu Road. It will take 540 students initially and is expected to open in 2019.
- $7 million to extend Garden Street to improve east-west travel across the area and help keep traffic off nearby minor roads (including Gay St and Holmes Street)
- $1.025 million to improve road safety on five local roads:
- A left turn lane from Furley Road into Warton Road
- A left turn lane from Warton Road into Garden Street
- A safer approach to the roundabout on Southern River Road and Chamberlain Street
- The introduction of slow points to improve safety on Balfour and Bullfinch Streets
This map shows some of what I’ve achieved for our area in the last few years. More details on these projects are in my media releases.
Click here for an enlarged view: Large achievement map.